Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Golden Mushroom Pork and Apples

Mmmmmmm Mmmmmmm Mmm Mmm Mmm!!! This was a tasty, tasty treat! First of all, the aroma when I walked into the house today was so wonderful! It smelled sweet and delicious! When I opened the lid to serve this dinner, wow! It smelled and looked so good! If only we had "smog" (smell+blog) we would be in awesome shape!

I would fist of all, like to thank my good friend Christine for passing this recipe on to me. I didn't change a thing when putting this recipe together. It really is perfect the way it is! This recipe does take just a tad longer to put together than others just because I peeled all my apples, but it was well worth it. I served this tasty dish with some mini farafalle noodles.

Here's a HUGE tip for your on this recipe......ready?! Golden Mushroom Campbell's Soup is very hard to find! I don't know if it's just SUPER popular this time of year or what, but I went to two different Meijers and they were completely out. Super Walmart does carry it and they have lots in stock...at least by my house! Oh, and I just dug in with my hands and tossed the pork, onions and apples together. One less utensil to wash in the end. Ok, enough chatter from me....here's what you all came here for, the delicious recipe and picture!

Golden Mushroom Pork and Apples
Ingerdients:
2 cans Campbell's Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. crushed dried thyme leaves
4 large Granny Smith Apples (peeled and sliced - about 4 cups)
2 large Onions (sliced-about 2 cups)
8 boneless pork chops (about 2 lbs)

In the slow cooker, mix soup, water, brown sugar, worcestershire and thyme.

Add apples, onions and pork. Toss together.

Cook on low 8-9 hours or until tender.
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. That was a GREAT meal! WE enjoyed using our new crock pot. Henry and I loved it! Luke ate the noodles with the sauce and that says a lot since he is a picky eater! We have plenty more for 2 more meals. Yum, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! And yay for leftovers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We tried this tonight and it was so yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that Mandasmommy! Please keep the feedback coming! :)

    ReplyDelete