Saturday, September 18, 2010

Berry Oatmeal

This was supposed to happen 2 weeks ago, but alas, here it is!!!!  The inspiration for this recipe came from an Alton Brown recipe on foodnetwork.com.  My good friend Helen told me about it when I told her nothing but breakfast foods sounded good! (Thanks Helen!)  I added some tweaks and am happy to bring it to you!  It was BERRY delicious!  Hahaha!!!  My daughter was THRILLED to try the "Purple Oatmeal!!!!"

Berry Oatmeal

Ingredients:
1 cup Steel Oats (found in the same place as regular oatmeal)
1 cup Craisins
1 cup dried blueberries
4 cups water
1/2 cup milk (I used 2% lactose-free)
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:
Place all ingredients in the Slow Cooker insert and stir.  
Cook on LOW for 8-9 hours or HIGH for 5-6.

Enjoy!
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love Steel Cut Oats? Yummy! Thanks for posting this recipe. I love trying new versions for my oats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous and I would love if someone made them for me, lol!Yum!

    ReplyDelete