Friday, September 24, 2010

Cheese Tortellini with Italian Sausage Pasta Sauce

This was REALLY good!  My husband and daughter both had seconds!  Yay!!!  I love when that happens!  I rarely make any kind of pasta sauce with sausage, so the flavor of the Italian Sausage was a nice change!  The tortellini ended up perfectly cooked and you could tell the sauce had been simmering all day because the flavor was intense, smooth and sweet!  We served our Tortellini with Cheesy Garlic Bread and salad.  It was a very tasty dinner last night!

This was super easy to make....even for a bed ridden momma!  So, no excuses....you have to try it!

Cheese Tortellini with Italian Sausage Pasta Sauce

Ingredients:
1 jar Pasta Sauce (I used Newman's Tomato and Basil)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 lb. Italian Sausage (not links....the ground kind)
1 onion, chopped
2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Onion Powder
salt and pepper to taste
20 oz. Cheese Tortellini (I used Buitoni refrigerated 3 Cheese Tortellini)

Directions:
Brown Italian Sausage with the onions and salt and pepper.
In Slow Cooker insert, add Pasta Sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, salt and pepper.  Add browned Italian Sausage and onions.  Stir

Cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.

Add Tortellini, stir and cook for another 30-40 minutes, or until pasta is tender.

Serve and Enjoy!!!!
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Here goes! It's in the crock pot and smells great. This was only the second time I've browned meat, and no burns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: just burned my self on the crock pot. I'll have to show Beth Tuesday so she can make fun of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband (who's never been impressed with my cooking) had seconds and told me it was the best sauce he's ever had. I went shopping and will be making the roast this week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete