Monday, September 27, 2010

Taco Soup

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!!!!!!!!  I had the pleasure of smelling this cook all day, and to finally reap the benefits by eating it this evening, was divine!!!!  This soup tasted as good as it sounds!  It was just the right amount of spicy, hearty and delicious!!!!  My daughter, per her usual, picked out all the beans and ate pretty much those only!  At least she got some protein!  She did tell me how yummy it was!  Made me happy!  My husband also  really liked it!  When I told him I didn't miss this beef in this he said "It's not beaf?!"  I then told him it was ground turkey.  LOL  He didn't even notice the difference! (good sign, right?!)

Best of all, I have plenty of leftovers....probably for another day or two!  I think I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow!

On a side note: Be careful when you clean your Slow Cooker.  My 7 Quart insert cracked all the way around last week :(  I was so sad!  Of course, I went and bought another one, but make sure you cool it completely before washing.  Just a word to the wise! :)

Let's get to the good stuff!  I can't wait for you to try this one!

Taco Soup


Ingredients:
1 pound ground turkey (or lean ground beef)
1 large onion chopped
1 pkg hidden valley ranch mix
1 pkt taco seasoning
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 cup pinto beans
1 can chili beans (I used Mild)
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
2 cans diced tomatoes (chili flavor)
4 cups water
4 beef bullion cubes
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:  
Brown meat and onion with salt and pepper.   

Add all ingredients to the slow cooker.  Stir.  Cook on LOW 8 hours.

Serve with sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips.
Enjoy!!!!!
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. I recently discovered Taco Soup recipe on the internet this summer(before I found your site) and my family/kids are crazy for it! They love regular tacos, but are not big bean eaters so I let them pick around the beans. My recipe is basically the same version as yours minus the cumin, garlic powder and beef bullion cube. The ranch dressing mix really gives it a great taste! I like it a little more watery rather than like a chili. The kids like to eat theirs with tortilla chips crushed on top or used like a 'scoop'! This is a very easy recipe that can't be cooked incorrectly! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the pinto beans need to be soaked first or can they just go in after being rinsed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle: I use all canned beans. I don't rinse any of them - except for the kidney beans because I don't like all that 'goopy' stuff in there. So, the answer you are looking for is NO. No need to soak beans -- of course only if they are canned :) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, you don't need to soak beans unless you're starting with dry beans. If that's the case, soak them overnight. You don't need to rinse them either, just drain them.

    ReplyDelete