Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pulled Pork

What a simple, quick, cheap and easy meal!  My husband did this all himself while waiting for me to return from the hospital.  If he can do it, you can do it!  Wait till you see how simple this is!

The flavor of this really depends on what BBQ sauce you use.  Use your family's favorite!  My husband used a honey BBQ and added more honey to the recipe.  It was too sweet for my taste, but he loved it!

Pulled Pork

Ingredients:
3-4lb. Pork Loin or Pork Roast (You can use smaller for sure, but we like leftovers around here!)
1 onion, sliced into rings
1 bottle BBQ sauce
1 bottle Cream Soda or Root Beer (we only had Cream Soda!)

Directions:
Place the pork roast in your Crock Pot with all the remaining ingredients.

Cook on LOW for 8-9 hours or on HIGH for 5-6 hours.

Take your Pork out of the Crock Pot and shred.  Replace back in the sauce and stir.

Serve on your favorite kind of bun and with your favorite sides.

Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. This was delicious. I substituted a turkey tenderloin for the pork loin it was very good. Thank for giving me simple ideas and inspiring me to get healthy meals hot on the table most days of the week.
    Kimm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimm,
    Great idea! You are most welcome! It really is my pleasure!
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks super yummy! I'm following from Queen of Swag :)

    http://acreativemomma.blogspot.com/
    www.facebook.com/creativemommas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dacia!! I'm new over there, but excited to check out everyone's blogs! I'll come check yours out as well!

    Hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what size bottle of pop?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a single bottle....not a 2-liter.....not sure how many oz. that is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how many ounces of bbq sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would say use around an 18oz. bottle of BBQ sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love yourrecipes. They are great and this busy and this busy mom is now putting home cooked meals on the table -and spending a lot les money. Thank you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete