Friday, April 8, 2011

Salmon Loaf

First and foremost let me say this.....I know this may not sound good at ALL to you!  And that's ok!  My husband was seriously against this as I was putting it together today!  But, he sucked it up and tried it!  He liked and and so did I.  Would I make it over and over again?  No.  Sorry!  Just not really my thing!  Here's why.......Working with canned salmon is seriously disgusting!  Not only does it look gross, it smells nasty as well.  As I fished through the slimy nasty skin and took the bones out, I seriously considered aborting my mission.  BUT, I persevered so that I could bring this recipe to you today.

Update: I hear they have bagged salmon by the tuna fish you don't have to fish through!

With all that being said, if you don't mind working with canned salmon, then this recipe is for you!!!!!!  It did have great flavor and it was moist in the middle and had a nice texture.  It was a good meal for a Friday during lent.

P.S.  We dipped our in Tarter Sauce and it was very tasty!

The original recipe can be found here.  Thank you Christi for sharing this link!

Salmon Loaf

Ingredients:
1 14 3/4 oz. can Salmon, drained and skin/bones removed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups Herb Seasoned Stuffing Croutons
1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 cup Chicken Broth
1/4 Cup French Fried Onions (crushed)
1 tsp. dried mustard
1/4 tsp. pepper

Directions:
Mix all of the ingredients listed above in a bowl and form into a roundish loaf.

With foil, make about 3 sturdy strips by folding the foil over itself.  (I had a little helper!)

You are then going to make them into like a wheel spoke.


This becomes your "handles" when you go to lift your loaf out of the Slow Cooker.
Place it inside your Slow Cooker and spray with non-stick spray.

Slide your salmon loaf into your Slow Cooker.

Cook on LOW for 4-5 hours or on HIGH for 2-3 hours.
Enjoy!
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Just a thought here.........salmon smells up house while cooking and after..............so I put slow cooker on deck for cooking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made this with a whole fresh salmon that I cooked but had a fair amount of left overs. It was great. As I didn't have any croutons I substituted that with breadcrumbs and Italian herbs.

    ReplyDelete