Saturday, April 23, 2011

Slow Cooker Gourmet "Lewis and Clark Lentil & Sausage Stew Mix"

This was VERY easy to put together.  It took me around 5 minutes....maybe a tiny bit longer because I stopped to take pictures along the way! ;)

Flavor wise, there was a lot of it!  I'm honestly not a huge fan of sausage in my cooking, but I do love lentils!  They really do have a meaty quality.  If you're vegetarian, this soup would be great without the sausage.  I personally felt the spinach it calls for doesn't add anything for me.  If I were to make it again, I would leave it out!

If this sounds like something your family would love, you can go here to order this mix, as well as many others!


First, chop 1 cup of carrots and place in the bottom of the Crock Pot insert.

Lay your sausage, quartered and sliced, over the carrots.  I used Chicken Apple Sausage, but the package says smoked turkey.  Use whatever you like.  I also used the entire package instead of just 6 oz. 

Sort and rinse the lentils and then place them over the top of the sausage and carrots.

Add salt and the seasoning packet over the top of that.

Next, add 1 1/2 cups Chicken broth and 4 cups water.  (I used 2 bouillon cubes and 5 1/2 cups water)

Cook on LOW for 3 1/2-4 hours or on HIGH for 2 1/2-3 hours.

15 minutes before serving, add the spinach. (I would personally skip this and I love spinach!)

Remove bay leaf before serving!
Enjoy!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment