Sunday, June 5, 2011

Creamy Onion and Ranch Chicken

This was DEEEEEE-LISH-US!!!!  LOL  I think I said "Yummmmmm!" after the first 5 bites or so!  My husband and I gobbled ours up quickly, and once we FINALLY convinced my daughter to eat dinner, she cleaned her plate too! (Gotta love the determination of a 3 year old!)

It was creamy, warm, oniony, ranchy.....lol.  It was just plain G-O-O-D!!!!  I know you're going to love this one!  It was really easy to put together, so even all my newbies out there can handle this one, I promise!!!!!  I really hope you give this a try because you'd seriously be missing out on some good food if you didn't!  We simply served ours over rice.  I highly recommend it because it was like eating risotto almost the way it soaked up the creamy sauce! Mmmmm.....my mouth is watering thinking about it again!

I would like to thank Dawn Rug Monteferrante for posting a "Cream Cheese Chicken" recipe which inspired this dish!


Oh, one more thing.....I have fresh chives in my garden right now, so I'm ALWAYS looking for an excuse to use them.  If you don't have fresh chives, you can leave them out or use dried.  If you use dried, don't garnish with them, but put them in with your cream cheese sauce.

Ok, now for the good stuff:

Creamy Ranch and Onion Chicken

Ingredients:
1.5 lbs. Chicken, sliced into 1/2" skinny pieces (Use at least 2 if you have a bigger family than 3)
1 tub Chive Cream Cheese
1 can Cream of Onion Soup
1 medium onion, quartered and sliced
I package Dry Ranch Dressing
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
Chives to taste for garnish

Directions:
Place the Chicken in the bottom of your Slow Cooker.  Season with the Salt and Pepper.

Place the onions on top.

Mix together the Cream Cheese, Cream of Onion Soup, dry ranch, water and Italian Seasoning.

Pour this mixture over the chicken and onions.

Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Serve over Rice.
Garnish with Fresh Chives.
Enjoy!




Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. where does the ranch dressing mix go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I edited the post. Thank you for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any idea of this will turn out OK if I don't put in the onion? My husband is not a fan, and I think the cream of onion soup will slide past him, but the onion pieces would be hard to hide. Also wondering if the new cooking cream cheese would work in the slow cooker. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be totally fine without onion. Try onion powder ;) Also, yes, the cooking cream would probably work well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What size slow cooker is used? I have a 6qt. Should I double it?

    ReplyDelete