Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Slow Cooker Gourmet "Minnesota Lake Country Chicken & Wild Rice Soup" Mix

This Mix could not be any easier to put together!  The only thing that slowed me down was taking the pictures, LOL!  This turned out to be a nice hearty, peppery soup.  I really liked it.

One of the things I love about these mixes is the suggestions they give you!  This one suggested I add spinach, fresh or frozen, which I do have, but am saving for another recipe.  Next time I make this one, I will be sure to have it on hand!  It also gives you a dessert suggestion!  How cool is that?!  We had Orange Cake Balls because I have those leftover from Memorial Day!

The mix is also salt free, so you can control how you like your soup!  I added a pretty generous portion of salt because I felt it needed it.  I also felt it needed onion powder.  I might even add a fresh onion to this.  Try it out!

To purchase this soup, follow this link.

Minnesota Lake Country Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Mix



First you place your pound of cut up boneless skinless chicken breasts at the bottom of your Slow Cooker (I kept mine whole and shredded it at the end.  You then pour the mushrooms and seasoning packet evenly over the top.

Next, you add your water and broth (I used 1 chicken bouillon cube and an extra cup of water) and place your rinsed rice evenly on top of that.  

You do not stir!
Let this cook for 5 hours on LOW or 3 hours on HIGH.
Add a generous portion of salt.  I added Onion Powder too!
Enjoy!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment