Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Irish Cream Brownies with Heath

Ok, on our anniversary, my husband and I went to the Melting Pot.  For our dessert course, we decided on a Milk Chocolate Fondue with Baileys and Caramel.  It was seriously decadent!  I then thought back to a cupcake I had at Boho Cupcakes called the Wired Madagascar with Heath on top the week before.  I hadn't had a Heath bar in forever, and I really enjoyed the cute little crushed pieces on top!  SO, why not combine the two lovely desserts I had into one DECADENT recipe??????  OH, you KNOW I DID!!!!!

These brownies were super easy to put together and incredibly delicious!  The Irish Cream really came through and every once in a while I got a little crunch of the Heath.

Best of all, anyone can do this!  You'll feel like a total rockstar baking from scratch!  Now, if you're not nursing like me, you can feel free to make yourself a little cocktail with the Irish Cream Liquour whilst you are baking!  When I took my neighbors the leftover brownies, I brought them each a "shot" of Irish Cream Liquour to enjoy with their brownies!  :)  Don't you wish you were my neighbor right about now?????

I can't wait for you to try these!  These would be incredible to bring to any barbeque or party!  Please, leave comments below when you do!  I can't wait to see what people say to YOU once they try these!

Irish Cream Brownies with Heath


Ingredients:
2/3 cup Flour
2/3 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2/3 cup Irish Cream Liquor
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup or less Powdered Sugar
1 cup crushed Heath (approximately 3 1/2 bars)
non-stick spray

Directions:
In a bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients.

In a separate bowl, mix the liquor, butter, egg and vanilla.
(My butter was not melted all the way, so I had to whisk it.  Yours will be melted and you'll just have to stir!)

Next, combine the wet and dry ingredients.
(Mine looks weird because of the butter.  It did not affect the taste at all!)

Gently stir in your Heath and then pour the batter into your Non-Stick Sprayed Slow Cooker insert.


Cook on LOW for 2-3 hours.  I stopped mine at 2 hours for fear the edges would burn.  It left the middle a bit gooier than it's supposed to be, but I kind of like it that way!  If you like yours more well done, I would err on the side of 3 hours for sure.  When you insert a toothpick, it should come out clean.

Let the brownies cool for a while in the Slow Cooker (turned off of course!).
Dust with powdered sugar.

Cut and serve!
ENJOY!

Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. OMG... this is just a spectacular idea. You are amazing. I will be trying this for sure. Are you looking for new neighbors? Where do we apply?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of this slow cooker insert before. Where can I purchase one an does it fit all shapes and sizes of crock pots??

    ReplyDelete
  3. The insert is the part that you can take in and out of your slow cooker base. It's the part you put food in and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Say we're real lazy ... I'm assuming we could make this with a brownie mix, add the Irish Cream, and use the Heath bits that come in a bag like chocolate chips? I'd like to try this TODAY! (it's a chocolate craving day, KWIM?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the insert is the Crock! :)

    I'm assuming that would all work Theresa! :) Go ahead and give it a try and let us know how it works!

    ReplyDelete