Sunday, August 21, 2011

Southwestern Shredded Chicken

I LOVE how easy this was to put together!  What's even better, it tasted great too!  Chicken goes on sale ALL the time and so does Philadelphia Cooking Creme!  I think most of you have diced tomatoes in your pantry, so you'll only need a couple other ingredients to make this dish happen!

We served our chicken in soft tortilla shells today, but tomorrow, I'm thinking of having it over nachos!  Some other great ideas would be in taco shells, over rice or noodles.  I think I'm going to have to make some Slow Cooker Black Beans to go with this in the future! (They are my new favorite beans!)  I think that would have completed this meal!

Today was a great excuse to use my Tastefully Simple Simply Southwest Seasoning & Rub!  I'm actually excited to use it on its own since there are directions on the actual bottle to use it in the Slow Cooker!  How awesome is that?!!!!  I can't wait to use this seasoning on the grill and in MANY more dishes to come!

I hope you find this recipe as easy and tasty as we did!  Oh, and you'll have leftovers ;)

Southwestern Shredded Chicken


Ingredients:
1.5 lbs. FROZEN Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1 medium onion, chopped
1 - 14.5oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
1 - 4oz. Can Diced Green Chilies
2 Tbsp. Tastefully Simple Simply Southwest Seasoning & Rub (If you don't have this, use a little Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Cumin, Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper)
1 Santa Fe Blend Philadelphia Cooking Creme

Lettuce, shredded cheese and salsa for toppings

Directions:
In your Slow Cooker insert, place the frozen chicken, then top with onion, diced tomatoes, green chilies and Simply Southwest Seasoning & Rub.

Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or on HIGH for 5-6 hours.

Take your chicken out and shred it.

Mix the Santa Fe Blend Philadelphia Cooking Creme in with all the juices, etc. in the Slow Cooker.

Add the shredded chicken back in and mix well.

Serve with your favorite toppings, i.e. shredded lettuce, shredded cheese and salsa.
 Enjoy!


Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This looks so easy and simple! I bought the cooking creme and then thought "what the heck an I supposed to do with this now!". :-) I have not heard for the tastefully simple rub....but I love seasonings! Can you share where that came from? Pinning this now!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete