Saturday, November 19, 2011

Creamy Herb Chicken with Vegetables

It was one of those days.....what to make, what to make, what to make?  UGH!  I hate when I don't have a plan.  Although, sometimes, no plans turn out to be good plans!  I dug through my freezer, pantry and fridge and came up with this!  A happy coincidence if I do say so myself!

This was very good!  Mine wasn't as creamy as it should have been because I was out of milk.  I hate when that happens, don't you?!  So, I used water instead of the milk I really wanted to use.  I do like that there was plenty of sauce.  I LOVE to have sauce!  Since this already contains the veggies, all you have to do when you get home is make some rice.  (So, make sure you've got rice in your pantry that doesn't take 45 minutes to cook, just sayin'!  LOL)  All in all, this is a great meal for your family!  I hope you enjoy!

Creamy Herb Chicken with Vegetables

Ingredients:
6 FROZEN Chicken Thighs 
1 can Cream of Chicken with Herbs
1 can Cream of Celery
1 medium onion, halved and sliced
6 oz. sliced mushrooms
1 large or 2-3 small carrots, sliced into rounds (mine was seriously huge!)
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. garlic powder

Directions:
In your crock, place the frozen chicken.  Top it with the onions, carrots and mushrooms.

Mix together the Cream of Celery, Cream of Chicken with Herbs, milk and garlic powder.

Pour this mixture over your chicken and vegetables.

Cook on LOW for 8-9 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
Serve with Rice.
Enjoy!


Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. I made this just now, and am excited to have it for Sunday dinner. :-) I didn't have cream of celery on hand, so I used a can of cream of mushroom, and a can of cream of chicken. Then, I used carrots like you did, but didn't have mushrooms, so I used 6oz of mixed veggies along w/the sliced carrots. Thanks for all you do, Hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good! But if I were to use boneless breast instead of thighs,how many pieces do you think? And would it change cooking time at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would use 2 lbs. of boneless skinless chicken breast (that's usually 2-4 pieces depending on thickness). If using frozen, I would cook 7-8 hours. If not, I would cook about 6 hours. Good luck! Let me know how it comes out!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for responding so quickly! I'll be trying it this week. =)

      Delete
  3. Excited to try this! New slow cooker here :) What if I used thawed chicken thighs instead of frozen, how long do you think the cooking time should be?

    ReplyDelete