Sunday, December 18, 2011

Brown Sugar and Honey Ham

Photobucket
A Ham in your Slow Cooker?????  OH YES!!!!  I'm here to tell you folks, this is the way to go!  It was perfectly cooked and might I add, DELICIOUS!  It was the perfect balance between sweet and salty.  I'm not a fan of salty ham.  No, seriously.  When I go to parties and I find out they are serving ham, I sometime cringe.  To make this ham extra special, my "secret" ingredient was the ground cloves.  It added that little extra "something" to this ham and it was awesome!  You're going to love this!

I wish I could give you some idea of how stress free my family Christmas Gathering was because I decided to utilize my slow cookers!  It was so peaceful in my house.  No running around, no slaving over the stove, no changing oven temps, no food burning, no arguments.....it was wonderful!

So, make you Holiday gathering stress-free too!  This is the PERFECT ham for you slow cooker!

If you're looking for something a little bit different, try Ginger's Asian Inspired Spiral Sliced Ham!

Brown Sugar and Honey Ham


Ingredients:
1 6-8 lb. Boneless Spiral Ham (DO NOT get a smoked Ham!!!!!)
1-1.5 cups Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
2-3 Tbsp. Honey

Directions:
Mix together the brown sugar and ground cloves.
Place about 1/4 cup of this mixture in the bottom of your crock.

Place your ham on top of the brown sugar mixture, flat side down.
Drizzle honey over the top.

Pat the rest of your brown sugar mixture all over the ham!

Cook this beauty on LOW for 4 hours. 
 You may want to baste it a few times the last hour or so.  
Don't over cook your ham! It's already cooked, we're just heating it through.  You don't want to serve a dry ham!
Slice and Enjoy!



Print Friendly and PDF

17 comments:

  1. Just what I was looking for! My boys like ham and the Grandparents are all going to be here for Christmas dinner. How many people would you guess this feeds?
    -Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a 7.5 lb. ham and it fed 7 adults and 3 kids with leftovers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! That's perfect. We will have 6 adults and 2 kids. And leftover are good since the Grandparents will be staying here!
    -Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Kris! Please check back and tell me how it went!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hope,
    I copied this ham glaze recipe (my printer wouldn't work :( That's okay, I've got time (a little, it is holiday time:) Anyway, I read through it and noticed not to use a smoked ham? I'd just like to know if there's a reason? Too salty? Doesn't work with this glaze? Thanks for all the recipes and info! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi LindaLee! I personally feel a smoked ham would get in the way of the sweetness, but if you prefer smoked, go ahead and use it! I only wanted the sweetness to come through. The majority of hams out there are smoked these days :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. This recipe looks wonderful! I'd love it if you submitted it to us here at Gooseberry Patch for possible inclusion in a new slow cooker cookbook. Just follow the link for simple directions! Thanks!

    http://www1.gooseberrypatch.com/gooseberry/recipe.nsf/f.sharearecipe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will this work with an NON spiral sliced semi boneless ham?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm new to crock pot cooking. What size crock pot do I need for this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would depend on the size Ham you use, but I would suggest using a 6.5 Quart or larger.

      Delete
  10. I am trying this recipe right now. I followed all your directions. I have one question... Why don't we add water or any liquids to this. I am a little nervous. Whenever I use my slow cooker I always add a little water.

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be ok :) You won't need it. The ham will put off enough moisture,, as will the brown sugar and honey :)

      Delete
  11. Makin this right now and it smells so yummy!

    ReplyDelete