Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Spicy Florentine Pasta Sauce

We were at Costco the other night and Ella spotted some beautiful Tortellini.   I'm a sucker for 3-Cheese Tortellini, so we came home with it.  I could have easily used some jarred sauce and been done with dinner, but you know I only do that in emergencies!  LOL  

My husband was truly amazed at my mad skills at improvising in the kitchen as he sat with the kids and ate lunch.  I'm happy I can still impress him now and then! LOL  I honestly only used things I had in the house......and from my garden.....that I still haven't planted, but am watering in their little holders every day.  LOL  (Don't judge!)

There is nothing like a DELICIOUS homemade pasta sauce, and this one is my most favorite I've made!  My husband couldn't stop telling me how delicious it was!  Mine had a kick to it from the Mexican tomatoes I used, but you can cut out the heat by using regular tomatoes if you would like.  Remember, it's all about making things work for YOUR family!

This was incredible over Tortellini, but it would be great over any kind of pasta!


Spicy Florentine Pasta Sauce

Ingredients: Makes about 6 servings.  (I used a 3 Quart Crock for this)
1 (29 oz.) can of Crushed Tomatoes
1 (10 oz.) can Mexican Lime & Cilantro diced tomatoes (I used Ro-Tel)
1 (10.75 oz.) can Condensed Tomato Soup 
1 (13.5 oz.) can Fresh Cut Leaf Spinach, drained
10 Fresh basil leaves, diced
1 small shallot, minced
2 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

Directions:
Pour the cans of crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes and condensed soup into your crock.
Mix it up.
Stir in the drained spinach.
Add the basil, pepper, salt, garlic powder and shallots.
Stir it up.
Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
Serve over your favorite pasta and ENJOY!


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment