Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hope's Pot Roast

I haven't eaten this good since I found out I was pregnant!  Wow, was this roast TASTY!!!  So tender, so juicy, just falling apart with my fork!  The carrots were sweet and soft, the cabbage was cooked perfectly and the potatoes and onions were delicious!  This was my kind of meal!

I also had my in-laws over for dinner tonight and they thought the Pot Roast was delicious as well.  I was glad to have something to serve them when they got here!  They will be helping with Ella when my husband has evening commitments so I don't overdo it again!

Well, I know you came for the recipe and pictures, so here they are!

Hope's Pot Roast

Ingredients:
1   3-4 lb.  Chuck Roast (or any other type of boneless roast)
4-5 Potatoes, peeled, rinsed and quartered
3/4 a bag of baby carrots (or just use as many carrots as your family likes!)
1-2 onions, peeled and quartered
1 head cabbage, chopped into wedges (be sure not to use the core....too bitter)
1 pkg. Onion Soup Mix
1 1/2 cups water

Directions:
Place Roast in bottom of Slow Cooker insert and sprinkle with half the Onion Soup package.

Place all vegetables on top of the roast and sprinkle with remaining Onion Soup mix then add the water.  


Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.  Enjoy!
Print Friendly and PDF

12 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. I will have to make it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it! Let me know how it turns out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just put this together to make tomorrow and I couldn't fit everything in my 5 qt lol. I'm having crock pot envy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, Sorry Diane!!! I guess I should have warned you. Just pair it all down. I used to make this and SHOVE IT into my 4 Quart Crock!!

    After I made this the other day, my 7 Quarter liner CRACKED! Ahhhh!!! My mission is to get a new one by Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this for dinner tonight. We cleaned our plates. It was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed it Kristin! And what did the girls say about your burn?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm making this tomorrow minus the cabbage because no one eats in my house but me. Crazies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I was the only kid in my family that like Cabbage Casey! LOL My daughter tried a little, but she's still too little to understand most people don't like certain vegetables, etc. I'm sure your pot roast will taste just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm making this tomorrow for me and my kids while the non-red-meat-eating-Dad is at school. Hope it turns out. My Mom used to make a Pot Roast every weekend when I was a kid and I always loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Yeah...and as a bonus the roast was on sale this week at Meijer, and I had 4 potatoes from a bag last week just waiting to be used up!! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope, it was good! Everyone enjoyed it!! Thanks! I'm trying the taco soup sometime soon as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay Marie! Way to be a bargain hunter!! LOL

    Casey, glad everyone enjoyed it! Let me know the verdict on the Taco Soup!

    ReplyDelete