Monday, November 29, 2010

Leftover Turkey Soup

What a simple, yet delicious soup!  There's really absolutely nothing to it!  It took me maybe 10 minutes to put it together and that's only because I had to wash and chop the celery and carrots, chop the onion and dice up the turkey.  Throw this together tonight and stick the liner in the Slow Cooker before you leave for work in the morning!  You'll be so thankful you did!

Here it is!!!  (I know the picture is not very spectacular, but this soup is not that "pretty!"  I didn't have any garnishes on hand! Sorry!)

Leftover Turkey Soup

Ingredients:
1 1/2-2 cups diced leftover Thanksgiving turkey
2-3 carrots, chopped
2 ribs celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
8 cups water
6 chicken bouillon cubes
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

Directions:
Place all ingredients in the Slow Cooker, give a quick stir and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.

We served ours with leftover Thanksgiving rolls!!!  Use up those leftovers!!!!!

P.S.  If you would like to add noodles to this dish, I would turn the Slow Cooker up to HIGH and add the noodles the last 20-30 minutes or until tender.  I think 1/2-3/4 cup would be sufficient.

Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Instead of using the water & bouillon cubes, I use the left over gravy and water it down some so it's not so thick.

    ReplyDelete