Saturday, July 30, 2011

Honey Chipotle Country Ribs

WOW!!  These ribs were MEANT to be cooked in the Slow Cooker!  Let me tell you, if you like ribs, you HAVE to try these!  The meat was SO tender, SO juicy and SO flavorful!  The best part about these ribs, no worries about getting meat in your teeth and your fingers all dirty!  Your meat FALLS off the bone and there is SO much meat on one rib!  OMGoodness!  I can't wait for leftovers!  LOL

This is my first time ever having Country Ribs.  I don't know exactly what I was waiting for!  I think most people shy away because the meat has a lot of marbling and without the proper amount of cook time, these can be VERY tough to chew!  Well, fellow Slow-cookers!  We don't have to worry about that, do we??????  The slow cooker cooks these PERFECTLY!!!!!!  TENDER is the word of the day here!

I made a super simple rub to put on these and then just smothered them in Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Chipotle BBQ Sauce!  Simple right?!  Even the most beginning novice cook can do this!  I promise!!!!  People will think you are a TOTAL rockstar when you make these! Don't like Honey Chipotle BBQ Sauce?  Well, choose whatever BBQ sauce you like!!!  They will still be delicious!

My rub contained Tastefully Simple's Onion Onion!  It is SOOO good!  There's so much you can do with it!  Use it in soups, to season meat, as a dip with some sour cream.....so many possibilities!  You can order it from Tina here!

We served our with a side salad and Honey Glazed Carrots.  They are sweet and delicious!  For the honey glazed carrots, it's very easy!  Melt about 2 Tbsp. butter in a pan, add about 2 Tsp. lemon juice, 1 bunch of carrots, chopped into 2" pieces, salt and pepper.  Cook them on a medium heat for about 8-10 minutes.  Voila!  Add some fresh parsley at the end if you have it!

Honey Chipotle Country Ribs

Ingredients:
4 lbs. (approx.) Country Ribs
1/2 bottle (approx.) Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Chipotle BBQ Sauce (or use whichever you like!)
Olive oil

Rub:
2 tsp. of each of the following: salt, Tastefully Simple's Onion Onion, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper

Directions:
Place your ribs on some foil and rub with olive oil on both sides.
Mix your rub
and spread it/rub it on all sides.

Open your yummy BBQ Sauce
and spread generously on one side of your ribs.

As you place them in your slow cooker insert, "sauce" the other side.

Cook on LOW for 9-10 hours or on HIGH for 5-6 hours.
Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

14 comments:

  1. Does it matter if the ribs are bone-in or boneless? I've always thought that bone adds to the flavor of slowcooked meat and keeps it from drying out, but in your photo you might be using boneless (can't tell).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine were bone-in. I don't know enough about them to know if they normally come bone-in or boneless! My first time buying them! Bone-in always does add flavor, you are very right! I would go for bone-in if there is a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! My neighborhood grocery only had boneless today, but I'll hold out until I go to the bigger store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a substitution that can be used instead of the Tastefully Simple Onion Onion? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristy, you can just leave it out or use minced onion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fyi when printing using printer friendly it doesn't post the ingredients for the rub :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How many does this recipe feed? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your blog through the BargainstoBounty website, and since Meijer had a sale on ribs this week, I gave it a try last night. I had NEVER before cooked ribs, and these were awesome. I did use Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory & Brown Sugar instead, but still awesome. I have gone from a 8-4 job to a 12-8 job, so I am in need to set up Crock pot meals for my family, otherwise I think my husband would just feed them cereal for dinner. LOL So, you have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This recipe will feed 4 adults (maybe one or two more depending on how many sides you serve with it!)
    Welcome Cassie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what size crock pot did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used a 6.5 Quart, but there was still plenty of room!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, you are sooooo fast w/ your responses! I'm planning to cock this along with the honey mustard red potatoes (which you answered my ? aobout the shallet). I'll use the bigger crock pot for this and the smaller one for the other! Thank you for the wonderful recipes. I've made about 6 of them so far? And LOVED them all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oops meant to say "I'm planning to COOK this along....". EEEK, bad typo-sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL! Those typos happen! Hee hee!

    I'm glad you're enjoying the recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete